Pump In Style Max Flow Breast Pump
Medela introduces the completely NEW Pump In Style® with innovative vacuum mechanism that combines our research-based 2-Phase Expression® technology with MaxFlow ™ technology. The new advanced motor generates vacuum with micro-vibrations for effective breast milk expression.
- Hospital Performance: Inspired by our hospital-grade breast pump
- Efficient: Advanced motor generates vacuum with MaxFlow™ micro-vibrations for effective breast milk expression
- More Milk: Clinically proven to increase milk volume by 11.8%*
- Easy to Use: Few parts to clean and assemble
- Intuitive Control: Medela's combined speed and vacuum settings are pre-programmed based on our extensive research in breastfeeding and pumping
- Closed System: Prevents milk from entering the tubing
- Comfortable Pumping: Two sizes of PersonalFit Flex™ breast shields with soft rim and oval shape for more comfort and a better fit*
- 2-Phase Expression® Technology: Mimics baby’s natural sucking rhythm
- Designed for Daily Use: Double electric breast pump designed for moms who pump several times a day
- Safe for You and Baby: All parts that touch breast milk are made without BPA
- Portability: Comes with everything you need to pump at home or away, including cooler bag and stylish carry bag
- Convenience: Includes a battery pack for convenient pumping away from the power outlet (batteries not included)
- 1 x Pump In Style® with MaxFlow™ Breast Pump
- 4 x 5 oz/150 ml bottles with lids
- 2 x Bottle stands
- 2 x 21 mm PersonalFit Flex™ breast shields
- 2 x 24 mm PersonalFit Flex™ breast shields
- 2 x Breast shield connectors with membranes
- 1 x Complete tubing
- 1 x Cooler bag
- 1 x Cooling element
- 1 x Microfibre bag
- 1 x Battery pack (8 AAs not included)
- 1 x Power adaptor
Strongest at home pump i’ve triedIn my 11 months of pumping for my twin boys, i have tried 4 different double electric pumps. All four have been medela.
I first bought a freestyle, as it was recommended to me as the best pump available at the time.
Since my twins ended up in the nicu for 9 days, i wanted to help establish my milk, and since i was using the hospital pump at the nicu, i rented one to use at home for a month.
When the freestyle flex came out in January i was given the opportunity to test it out.
Now with the new pump in style, I was given this breast pump to try as part of the Stellar Product Testing Panel.
Lets start with what you get:
4- 5 oz/150 ml bottles - love these, they connect to the pumping units, have lids so you can cover and store in the fridge and you can also attach nipples and feed straight from them. I probably have about 20 of them as i bought some off friends to have extras.
Cooler and ice pack - fits the 4 bottles perfectly
2 bottle stands - all my pumps have come with these, and honestly i have never used them...the bottles are flat on the bottom, so i don’t see the need.
4 *new* comfort fit flanges - comes with 2-21 mm and 2-24 mm flanges. I love that the edging is flexible, and do find these much more comfortable then the flanges i got with the freestyle (original) and hospital pump kits.
2 breast shield connectors with membranes- this is the same design as the freestyle flex, and i REALLY like it. A lot easier to clean, sterilize and store between uses.
Tubing to connect everything.
Pump - this is the largest home pump i used, but with its bigger size definitely comes more power.
Power adaptor and battery pack - i used this pump at home when i had access to a power supply, but you can use 8 AA batteries to take this pump on the go.
Carrying bag. I found this bag to be more stylish then the one i got with the freestyle and freestyle flex.
This is the most affordable of the pumps i have tried. If you want the most bang for your buck, i highly recommend this pump
It is also the largest, but i do feel its stronger. Since using this pump, i have found that at times i actually pump more then what one bottles can hold worth of milk and have to change out the bottle part way through. Because of the size, when i need to pump on the go, i do prefer the freestyle or freestyle flex. (I use them to pump when i drive home from the gym when the boys are sleeping). The size of this pump would make that a little more difficult to use while driving. If you don't need to pump on the go too often, this is the pump for you! (Remember you can still pump on the go with the battery pack). Since it’s larger, i also find its best to be used when my boys are sleeping...if i needed to tend to them while pumping, i think the size of pump would make that difficult (in comparison to medela’s other, smaller pumps)
Since it is bigger and more powerful, it is also louder then the two other home models i have used. (Its been 10 months since i used the hospital one, bit i think that was louder). Because of the noise volume, it would be more noticeable if i were to pump in public.
Like all of the medela pumps i have used, it comes preprogrammed with a dual phase pumping. After 1 min it switches to longer sucks, to mimic how a baby nurses. The other pumps would switch after 2 min, and i liked that it changed after 1 min better, because i was always already producing milk after 1 min, and always had to manually change the other pumps.
This is the first pump i have used that doesn’t have a visible timer. It does turn off after 30 min, but i tend to only pump for 20 min, so i have to start a timer on my phone so i know when to stop.
In addition, there is no what to know what level of suction you are on by just looking at the pump, so you have to remember how many times you pressed the +/- for the suction.
I personally prefer having a display where i can see how long i have been pumping for, and what level the suction is at. This is the main reason for my 4 stars instead of 5.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a powerful, cost effective pump, this is the one for you!