Foonf Convertible Car Seat - Merino Wool + TENCEL Blend
Foonf is the mother of all car seats, designed for both revolutionary forward-facing safety performance and extended rear-facing use allowing for most kids to remain rear-facing until their fourth birthday. Engineered to protect, it comes fully loaded with Clek’s most advanced safety features, including the patented REACT energy management system, a steel anti-rebound bar, rigid-LATCH for an effortlessly secure installation, and advanced side-impact protection, with deep side wings, energy-absorbing foam layers and an adjustable structural headrest. Plus, at less than 17 inches wide, Foonf’s narrow design makes it easy to ride 3-across.
- The REACT™ Safety System integrated into every Foonf car seat protects your child much like the crumple zones in the cars we drive - one of the most effective innovations in automotive safety. Foonf's REACT Safety System actively reduces the forces transmitted to a child in a frontal collision. The Foonf delivers forward-facing safety performance comparable to that of a rear-facing installation.
- Extended Rear-Facing: Designed to international best practice allowing for most kids to remain rear-facing until their fourth birthday.
- Anti-Rebound Bar: Prevents rebounding when rear-facing in a frontal collision and rotation in a side-impact collision; while also improving installation by nesting firmly and evenly into the flat part of the vehicle seat
- Built Like a Tank: Engineered with a steel and magnesium sub-structure.
- Advanced Side-Impact Protection System: Protects the child with its adjustable headrest, deep side wings, and dual layers of energy absorbing EPP foam for maximum side-impact protection.
- Effortless Installation: Rigid-LATCH (UAS) allows for an effortless forward-facing installation that can be done correctly (in seconds) that is so easy and so secure, you'd swear its part of your vehicle.
- Adjustable Headrest: Provides the perfect fit to grow with your child and provides a protective place to rest their sleepy heads.
- Smooth Recline: Is easy-to-engage with three recline options makes each ride more comfortable.
- Engineered for Comfort: The padded EPP foam seat cushion can be removed easily and the cover is hand washable.
- Recyclable Through Clek: When your Clek seat reaches the end of its ride, we can ensure it doesn't end up in a landfill.
- Aircraft Approved: Allows you to keep your kids safe and secure while travelling by air.
- 9-Year Car Seat Expiration: Your child will be safe, secure and comfortable in a Foonf, year after year, after year.
- The Mammoth Collection is OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certified and features an environmentally-friendly blend of sustainably-sourced, biodegradable Merino wool + TENCEL® that offers improved durability and is free of any added flame retardants.
- TENCEL® is a natural cellulose, 100% plant-origin fiber that's manufactured from renewable materials. TENCEL® is naturally soft, supple and breathable, with moisture absorbing properties that pair perfectly with wool.
- Benefits of Merino Wool:
- Naturally Flame Resistant: Wool has an innately high ignition and melting point, which makes it a great naturally flame-retardant alternative to synthetic fabrics, without the need for any chemical treatments.
- Oh So Breathable: Merino wool is known for its excellent moisture vapour absorption. This means that it offers improved airflow throughout the fabric, for a more comfortable and less sweaty kid!
- Cool When Warm, Warm When Cool: Did you know that wool reacts to changes in body temperature? That means it will help keep your little one cool and comfy when it's hot out, and warm and cozy when it's not.
- Stain and Odor Resistant: Wool has unique properties that allow it to trap odour-causing bacteria and sweat molecules, only releasing them when washed. The presence of lanolin and keratin in its fibre help prevent stains from being absorbed.
- Soft to the Touch: Hands up if you automatically think 'itchy sweater' when you hear "wool". Well, that's not the case with Merino wool. Its fibres are much finer, giving it a texture that's luxuriously soft to the touch.
- Hypoallergenic: Merino wool is a natural material that has hypoallergenic properties, which means it's a great alternative for children with sensitive skin or allergies to other fabrics.
- Seat Weight: 25 lb (28 lb with Anti-Rebound Bar)
- Rear-Facing Mode
- Height: 25–43 in.
- Weight: 14–40 lb
- Minimum Age: Able to sit upright alone
- When using with infant-thingy (sold separately), you can accommodate a child that's 5 lb and 19 in.
- Forward-Facing Mode:
- Height: 30–49 in.
- Weight: 22–65 lb
- Minimum Age: 2+ years recommended* (1 year minimum)
Comfy and sturdyVery comfortable and luxurious feel!
My kid loves it.I love this seat. My kid loves it too! It fits perfectly in my Tacoma which has a tiny back seat. Managed a middle install. Like that it comes with so many different methods for both rear and front facing installation. I am sure we will get our years worth out of this seat.
Our forth foonfWe love all of our Clek seats. We will soon be moving on to booster seats and will be sticking to this brand.
Only downfall is that shipping took a month. So I would recommend buying from a store that has them in stock rather than ordering directly from the website.
Fave car seatWe love this car seat! It’s the 3rd foonf we have bought and we are so happy every time. Will be looking into buying a 4th soon!
Clek Foonf reefEasy online ordering. Fast shipping. Car seat exceeds my expectations.
Dla FasolkiIt was a long time since we had to install a child seat ???? and now again but this time for our first born grandchild,Eleanor.It was a wonderful feeling.Marry Popins i Dziadek.
FloofGood. Would be nice to have softer cushion and lumbar support. Also removable cup holders. Have no other similar car seat to compare to but is not user friendly for sizing. Is very securely installed in vehicle so thats a plus.
Clek foonfFantastic as always. It shipped fast!!
Great and solid for safety, horrible to clean if you have kid that gets car sick alotWe chose this carseat for many reasons, 1) its Canadian made, 2) the solid latch system, 3) its solid and high safety record. After using this carseat for 3 years now, the thing I dislike the most is how difficult it is to clean. We unfortunately have a kiddo that easily gets carsick (i.e. several times a month). The fabric itself cleans very well and there are no obvious visual stains, but I cannot get the full puke smell out of the fabric if my life depended on it! There are so many nooks and crannys under the seat that throw-up manages to find very easily along open seams. Every time the kiddo gets sick, I have to take the entire carseat apart and out of the car. I try to get all the chunks and such out of obscure places that are under the seat and along the base. The foam under the seat cushion seems to absorb the smell the most and throw up seems to seep under where the buckle is. I have tried washing it in a front load washer but the foam seems to hold onto the smell a bit (the washing machine definitely helps overall). I really wish the carseat had a seamless cover that would trap all of the puke/or minimize what travels below, and/or that I could take off all of the fabric and throw it in the wash to really do a deep clean to fully remove the smell. And yes, I do have the clek cleaning kit - great for the fabric, not helpful for the nooks under the seat.
Safety wise, this thing is a solid beast, and is one of the main reasons we bought it. Generally, we do no travel with this carseat as it is large, heavy and does not fit in all cars. We like how it sits the kiddo higher up, so they can look out the window. Given we have a kiddo that gets carsick, I'm not sure if I would buy this again, but I have recommended it to many people. Furthermore, given the price of the carseat I wish the recycling program was either included with the purchase, or had cash incentive (not coupon incentive). Having to pay $40 upfront to send it to clek so they can recycle it after spending over $600 for the product seems to be little incentive for most people, when you can drop it off at the dump for half the price. I know clek gives you a coupon worth the same amount, but I wish I could just get that cash back off my original purchase instead of having to buy another product using the coupon. I want to do what's right for the environment, but I just want cash back, not a coupon. What if I don't want to buy another clek?
I know this review seems a little negative, but I wanted to elaborate what bugs me the most with the carseat so parents know what to expect - especially if they have a kid that gets carsick.
Overall, it really is easy to install - there is no guessing on if you have installed it correctly. And it is really rock solid, I feel that the kiddo is very safe in it. I also love how you can adjust the angle of the seat - helps if kiddo wants to sleep. We have the mat thingy, which helps ease some cleaning as nothing gets onto our car, and a cup holder which makes water easily accessible for the kiddo. This seat fit the kiddo really well since the upgrade from the bucket seat, like I said we have used this carseat for the past 3 years and probably have 1-2 years until we need to upgrade again to a booster seat. Even though its a bit pricey, it definitely lasts and looks nice throughout the years, if I could throw all of the fabric in the wash I'm sure there wouldn't be any smell - and with that said, most people likely don't have the consistent puker problem.
I hope this review will give some ideas to the manufacturer - perhaps wrapping the entire seat cushion in fabric will eliminate the foam soaking up any messes/puke/etc, and/ make a cover that parents of pukers can buy that will provide a seamless cover that can be thrown into the wash.
AwesomeEasy installation, extremely sturdy seat, I feel confident that my baby will be safe!